Register of Wills
To ensure your needs are met in a timely manner, please call our office to make an appointment. Our appointments will always take priority over walk-ins.
Register Of Wills & Clerk of Orphans’ Court
Phone: (570) 325-2261
Among the office's principal duties are:
- Probating wills and appointing fiduciaries to administer descendants' estates
- Filing and processing petitions for adoption and for termination of parental rights
- Filing and processing petitions for adjudication of incapacity
- Issuing marriage licenses
- Processing matters involving non-profit corporations
- Acts as agent for Inheritance Taxes due the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Please note: we will now be requiring copies of birth certificates and social security cards to apply for a marriage license.